There are 5 key reasons (amongst others) why you should have Regular Workplace Inspections at your workplace:
- To ensure your workers all go home safely
- To identify hazards before they cause injury, damage or harm
- To increase productivity and profitability (evidence proves a safe workplace is a more productive one)
- To protect you and your business and reduce or negate regulatory enforcement action (notices, fines, prosecutions, etc)
- Assist in the reduction of workers compensation premiums.
Workplace inspections are a key method in the basics of Risk Management for any workplace.
The identification, assessment and control of hazards prior to them becoming an incident is crucial for all workplaces – it’s also your basic legal duty of care.
- Are you doing this affectively at your workplace?
- Do you have the time, resources and knowledge to conduct these in an adequate and compliant manner?
One of our key services is workplace compliance inspections, where we take this onus off of you and provide you with detailed reports and recommendations, saving you time and money, along with ensuring you comply to current safety legislation.
Our workplace inspections are not only tailored to suit your business activities and hazards, but take into consideration the following aspects as a minimum:
- Compliance to safety and health legislative requirements for all workplace activities
- If applicable, review of and assessment of work conducted in accordance with your own Safety Management Systems and other associated
- Personnel inductions and verification of completion
- Personnel competencies, licencing and verification
- Risk analysis and control methodologies for identified hazards
- Safety requirements imposed upon and management of sub-contractors
- Public safety and the protection of external property or assets
- Assessment and measurement against your existing KPI’s
- Documentation relating to risk management activities and sub-contractor management (SWMS / JSA / MSDS / Registers / Verification tools and forms)
- Incident reporting, assessment, investigation and applied corrective actions
- Specific activities:
- Electrical safety
- Health management and monitoring
- Fatigue management
- Hazardous substances
- Manual handling
- Plant, tools and equipment
- Machine guarding and other protective devices
- Working at heights
- Cranes and lifting gear
- PPE, first aid and amenities
- This list is not exclusive (we will tailor our audit criteria to suit your business or industry expectations).
Reports, inclusive of photographs and areas applicable for any suggested corrective actions will be completed and provided within 48 hours of actual physical site attendance by our qualified Lead Auditors.
Please contact us now to discuss options for your workplace OSH/WHS Compliance Inspection or Audit to assist in making your workplace safer.